Peter Pan

Movies critics, rumors and other related topics.

You mark for PETER PAN (2003)

6/6
17%
5/6
33%
4/6
No votes
3/6
50%
2/6
No votes
1/6
No votes
0/6
No votes

Total votes: 6
Skaila
elite
elite
Steam ID: skaila84
raptr ID: Skaila
Xfire ID: Skaila

Postby Skaila » Fri 06 Feb, 2004 21:38

Have to wait till the 16th :(

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Fri 06 Feb, 2004 22:00

It worthes the waiting :D

Don't forget to tell here what you have thought about it once you'll have seen it :)

Mindtrust
elite
elite

Postby Mindtrust » Sat 07 Feb, 2004 14:00

ok were did this peter dude go... he sure didn't hit the big screen this weekend it was all reserved for Brother Bear

Wappendorf
knight
knight

Postby Wappendorf » Mon 01 Mar, 2004 05:52

Sorry, I can't agree...

I loved Hook and Julia Roberts was more convincing as Tinkerbell...

Though it's quite a long time i saw Hook now... and I don't remember the movie very well...
I must say also that I saw Disney's Peter Pan quite a lot of times since I downloaded it and finally saw it. In fact Hook was the first movie about Peter Pan that I've seen.

In this movie, I was not totally convinced by the actors, I found that sometimes they play well and sometimes not... The FX weren't convincing either, specially that horrible effect of old SF movie when they travel at "light speed"...

And finally, the story has not convinced me... basically it's the same story as Disney's movie with some interestings changes but the changes made were not enough to make a new story like "Peter Pan 2" from Disney (which is also a very nice movie though not as good as the first) which was really a different story. But, the changes in this film were too developped so it's more like a patchwork with some rough edges...

Hmmm, perhaps I should see it once more to be really sure about the 3/6 i gave... for some parts i'd give 3,5 and for some others 2,5 anyway, we are far from a 5 or 6/6 movie : it's certainly not a must see... at most a good film to see at home though the landscapes are indeed best seen in a theater.

And yes, Jason Isaacs is really good in Captain Hook (and Mr. Darling), but i didn't found Jeremy Sumpter very good in all his sequences. Children play badly most of the time it's really unpleasant and doesn't contribute to realism in any way, in the contrary I think it's an important part for my "half empty glass" feeling about this film.

Hope to see more comments about this.

Return to “The Lost Forum's Movie Theater”