What is 2003 best movie ?

Movies critics, rumors and other related topics.

What is 2003 best movie ?

LOTR : Return Of The King
71%
Kill Bill #1
4%
Matrix: Revolution
4%
Matrix: Reloaded
8%
X-Men 2
No votes
Zatoichi
8%
Hulk
No votes
Hulk
No votes
Finding Nemo
4%
Mystic River
No votes
Hero
No votes

Total votes: 24
Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Fri 09 Jan, 2004 16:12

Nau of Sands wrote:Matrix: Reloaded = the best text with the (for me) mythical " some things change, others don't " 8)

In the same spirit,with Tekila we were huge fans of Snake Plissken quote in Escape From LA : "The more things change, the more they stay the same" 8)

Nau of Sands wrote:Kill Bill #1 = the most tarantinist :P

I think that's the only "problem" yup :P ;)

Nau of Sands wrote:X-Men 2 = the best surprise of the year, unexpectedly intelligent

I won't go that far but find it a lot more better than the first indeed and I was MAAAAAAAD when I saw the Phenix !!! Just for this I can't wait to see the 3rd one :D

Nau of Sands wrote:Hulk = the one I most wanted not to see

I'm not at all a fan of Hidden Dragon, Crouching Tiger and Ang Lee had almost killed me of boredom in one of his former movie my girlfriend (at this time) had taken me to see ... (french title was Raison et Sentiments with Hugh Grant and I prefer to forget it ... don't even go to see the original title sorry :P) ...

I must say that for me, regarding comics adaptation, the surprise has come from Hulk. I'm not fan of his comics (I'm an absolute fan of Batman and then come Spawn, the X-Men and Spidey ... and LOBO of course :D) and wasn't expecting much from Ang Lee.

I must say the movie has really surprised me as it is for me the best "visual" adaptation of a comics. I've really been impressed by the use of the screen with some scenes where you had really the feeling to watch a comics page with many simulataneous actions. 24 and other series and movies already have used this technic but in Hulk the screen was really "cutted" like in a comics and I've liked that a lot.

Though Hulk is not in my dvd collections yet and won't be in except if it enters as a gift :roll:

Nau of Sands wrote:Finding Nemo = the most disneyish :roll:

Exactly ! 300% agree with you. That's why I prefer Monsters Inc to it who innovates much more. But I've spent a really nice and laughing moment though :D

Nau of Sands wrote:Hero = the most beautiful pictures

indeed, with the Return of the King thought ;)

Cause I've cried the 3 times I've seen ROTK when the riders of Rohan charge the enemy lines ... This will stay for me as the most beautiful scene of the year...

Nau of Sands wrote:but the best of the best : 3 The taking of Stella maris by the Inquisi†ion

Isn't it the movie where the black jedi Darth Xen turns to the light of Winonism and leave the dark side ? :roll: ;)

Quote from Sir K in this movie : "Join me my son ! If only you knew the power of the Winonist force..." :D

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 08 Dec, 2004 01:28

very few votes for 2003. I hope it will be better for 2004 :roll:

DigiNico
ambassador
ambassador

Postby DigiNico » Wed 08 Dec, 2004 01:56

Aw come on ! There isn't even the slightliest competition !
Si tu bois sans avoir soif, faut pas t'etonner de pisser sans en avoir envie...

Blog Tumblr

Black Widow
counselor
counselor

Postby Black Widow » Wed 08 Dec, 2004 13:10

amazing ROTK, but it's not my favorite of the trilogy. i like very much LOTR but i'm not a fanatic.
so i voted kill bill. perfect. never got bored. (ROTK was a bit long.... :blush: )

Liewen
champion
champion
Xbox Live ID: Liewen
Wii code: 7822003881806675
raptr ID: Liewen

Postby Liewen » Tue 12 Apr, 2005 00:14

The best movie for 2003 was, of course, Good Bye Lenin  ;)

Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Postby Rawhide » Wed 20 Apr, 2005 22:13

I voted for ROTK, but in retrospect, I wish Monster had been on the list. I thought it was an incredible and moving movie!! Charlize Theron definitely deserved her Oscar.

Yomghee
marquess
marquess

Postby Yomghee » Thu 21 Apr, 2005 00:39

Total agree with you !!   :) Good bye Lenin is more than a masterpiece.

If i remember well i've put it on my list anf if not that was a serious mistake. May be the power of the ring.

JackSlater
champion
champion

Postby JackSlater » Sat 02 Jul, 2005 20:25

for me the best movie of 2003 was MATRIX reloaded : it isn't return of the king because i expected too this movie and i was a bit dissanpointed .
Matrix reloaded is really amazing , an exellent SF movie and i love the end "to be conclued"  :haha:
but i was reallu dissanpointed by matrix revolutions.

Return to “The Lost Forum's Movie Theater”