To be ot not to be ..... a roxor TLFer

Welcome in visitors. This place is open to all who have something to say or look for informations.
Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

To be ot not to be ..... a roxor TLFer

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 28 Jun, 2009 02:07

This topic doesn't concern our TLF members but their idols.. though not all of them will be able to receive the very rare "roxor TLFer" award ;)

To see your idols become "roxor TLFer" you have to create an entry in this topic explaining why your favourite ones deserve that title by giving us informations and proofs that they do answer to the following criteria.

Mandatory criterias
  • To be alive at the moment the post is written,
  • To be involved in a way or another to at least three of these domains:
    • video-games,
    • movies,
    • TV series,
    • literature,
    • comics,
    • music,
    • computer sciences and/or the Internet
  • To be a G33K or a geek-icon :D
  • To have a good sense of humour

Bonus criterias
  • To know how to make it looks good (use your imagination for that one ;))
  • To have impersonating skills

If you see other criterias in the very next few days, add them to the list !

You can also start to post for your favourites. You can post as many times as you want for as many people you want.
Please answer to the criterias in the order given (and add eventual new ones in the end)
If you have no information for one of the criterias, just tell it and I'm sure someone else would be able to help you there :)

To avoid "crossed researches", you can also post here in advance who you intend to present so other people interested can help you or use their save time to present someone else.

Once someone has present a contestant, you are expected to post if your for or against the nomination.

On December 31th 2010, the nomination will ended and a vote will take place for the most favourites ones in three categories:
  • TLF's roxorest woman,
  • TLF's roxorest man,
  • TLF's roxorest fictionnal character

Yes, you can also present a fictional character but the criterias stay the same, especially regarding the "alive" status of the character". You can do today a presentation for Tom Selleck as he is still alive but Thomas Magnum cannot be seen as "alive" anymore today as the series is stopped for ages now ... or it might be then about the new Magnum will see in the incoming movie ...

Let's go now ! ;)

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Re: roxor Campbell, Bruce Campbell

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Thu 02 Jul, 2009 23:59

You might guess it from might current signature , I propose for first roxor TLFer none the less than the one who gave Spider-Man its name (in the movie :D)...

... the one and only Campbell, Bruce Campbell :D

Mandatory criterias
  • Is he still alive ? Born on June 22th of the year 1958, like the King he interprets in the movie Bubba Ho-tep, Bruce Lorne Campbell is very alive.
    ImageImage

We'll get back to it later but some even say with more and more intensity that he'll be soon back on our screens in the role that makes him astonishingly famous: Ash !!

• Is he geek enough ? Bruce Campbell is involved in many domains listed including:
    • videogames: Bruce Campbell is involved in many videogames, mainly as the narrator or a character's voice. Among these games we can find Hellboy: The Science of Evil or the Spider-Man videogame adaptations from the recent movies,

As Ash (we'll get back to it), he is also the hero of THQ's serie starting with Evil Dead: Hail to the King and then Evil Dead A Fistfull of Boomstick,

... followed more recently of Evil Dead: Regeneration
      Image Image Image

• movies: Bruce Campbell is at first a famous actor, but he is also an important producer for independent B movies including the ones he directs like Man with the Screaming Brain, My Name is Bruce or the most awaited The Evil Dead. Just check his IMDb page to see by yourself the important list testifying for his massive participation in the cinema industry.
      ImageImageImage

Know that without Bruce Campbell we might have never known Sam Raimi !! As a teenager, like many ones, Bruce Campbell is doing some little jobs for pocket money. One of these is baby-sitter for Ted, the youngest Raimi brothers. Little by little he becomes friend with the Ivan and Sam, Ted elder brothers who are at the same school he is. They quickly become inseparable from each other. The three earn money together doing some magical shows in bar-mitzvas and they also discover together the super-8 with none the less than 50 short movies made with a fourth pal: Rob Tapert. At this time, Sam Raimi stands more often in front of the camera while Bruce Campbell is behind it. Indeed Bruce Campbell is a complete "cinema man" and often work as a scenerist, a sound engineer, a light engineer ... in his long carreer he has clearly gone by every jobs in the cinema industry from boxes handler to director :D

Bruce Campbell is also famous for his cameos especially in
      • Sam Raimi's movies
        Darkman

ImageImage
        Spider-Man movies
      • and in Cohen brother's movies
        The Hudsucker Proxy,

He appears also in Fargo and The Ladykillers
        (but I need some screencaps here :D)
    • TV Series: with Sam Raimi he co-produces, directs and acts several roles for their TV series Hercule and Xena.

Fox also gives him the lead role in the series Adventures of Brisco County, Jr

• Literature: Bruce Campbell has signed two books:
      • If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor
      • Make Love The Bruce Campbell Way
      ImageImage

• Comics : My Name Is Bruce has become a comics at Dark Horse Comics :hittie:

• Music : .... well the only thing I think about right now is Evil Dead: The Musical :D
      ImageImageImage

And I have a proof that, nor does he only inspires it of course, Bruce Campbell does support the show ! :)

• computer sciences and/or the Internet : mmm ... Bruce Campbell owned his website some 10 years ago. I don't know if he is as involved now...

And that's it for this list. Next ! :yeah:
  • Can he be considered as a geek/geek-icon ? Bruce Campbell became a geek-icon long before the word geek As time has gone by Bruce Campbell has become the reference when conversations go around horror flicks and B-movies.

Just look what another geek-icon, Robert Freddy Englund says about Bruce Campbell.

• Does he have a good sense of humour ? Hey ! We're talking about Bruce Campbell !! :terrorite:

(special dedication to RawHide :D)

Bonus criterias
  • Does he know how to make it looks good ? Well .... Hail to the King baby ! Of course he does ! Some examples below to illustrate this ridiculous point :D
  • Does he have impersonating skills ? as an actor he impersonates many characters but not really existing ones. One exception though with the great Elvis brought back to life in Bubba Ho-Tep :gj:

Well that's it for this first candidate. So, what do you think ? Image ... or not ?

Post below to argue and/or give more infos and/or present another candidate ! :bounce: :bounce:

Rawhide
prince
prince
Xbox Live ID: OLAWRawhide

Re: To be ot not to be ..... a roxor TLFer

Postby Rawhide » Fri 03 Jul, 2009 00:05

In support of Bruce Campbell in the music department, I offer up this video. :)

Also, I would like to add that Bruce Campbell had pivotal roles in all 3 Spiderman movies. In the first, he gave Spiderman his name. In the 2nd, he was the doorman at the theater who wouldn't let Peter in to the theater and that caused a rift between he and MJ. In the 3rd, he was the maitre d' who Peter talked to (abotu something, I haven't seen it yet).

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Fri 03 Jul, 2009 00:13

lol ! I've posted that video to illustrate the "does he know how to make it looks good" part but hadn't thought about it for the music part :terrorite:

Thanks Raw ! :gj: :D

And I have to watch once again Spider-Man 3 to answer your question :blush: ...

Rawhide
prince
prince

Postby Rawhide » Sun 05 Jul, 2009 05:22

I am obviously for voting in Bruce Campbell as a roxor TLFer.

Now on to the 2nd nominee ...... horror king Clive Barker.

Clive Barker is current king of horror. According to Stephen King, when he wants to be scared by a book, he reads Clive Barker. Clive has given us new horror icons including ....

Pinhead and the cenobites

Image Image

Puzzle Box

The Candyman

The Mandatories:
Clive Barker is alive and well!!

Clive Barker is involved in .....
Video games:
Image Image

Movies: (to name a few)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Literature: (to name a few)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Comic books: (to name a few)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Bonus criterium:
Knows how to make it looks good.

Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 05 Jul, 2009 13:40

A huge "YES" from me !! :gj:

I had never heard about Image. Must see that ! :)

Rawhide
prince
prince

Postby Rawhide » Sun 05 Jul, 2009 14:47

I have volume 1 of both Ectokid and Pinhead. :)

I also have one of Todd McFarlane's sculpted toys from Clive Barker's Tortured Souls series. I have the Moribundi figure.
Rawhide a.k.a. RAWofDOG

Nau of Sands
marquess
marquess

Postby Nau of Sands » Sun 05 Jul, 2009 21:36

John Williams

Involved in amazing video-games music (that s an involvent, it is written a way or another :P )

He is involved in movies with music :

He is involved in series with music (besides Lego Star Wars) :

He is involved in litterature composing music for Harry Potter (yes, it is extensively related, so what ? :uzi: )

About comics, of course, he wrote music for the most famous of all adaptations :

He composes music as well in a personnal style :

Concerning computer science, it s obvious : he composed music for AI Artificial Intelligence (if not satisfied by this one, you ll never be) :

He is a geek icon, you can hear some specimen scream there :

Concerning humour, he looks serious, but I m sure that if you have courage to go through the whole interview (I don t...), you ll laugh a lot :

I don t get the bonus criterias, but I m sure that he knows how to make it good since he is still working on news scores, and that he can impersonate being himself (he dis a lot of interviews being imersonating his own self, it must be good)

So, he is a Roxor.

Sure.

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 05 Jul, 2009 22:08

LOL @ "He is a geek icon, you can hear some specimen scream there".

And yes of course John William is a roxor TLFer !! Thanks to have defended his candidacy Nau :gj:

Liewen
champion
champion
Xbox Live ID: Liewen
Wii code: 7822003881806675
raptr ID: Liewen

Postby Liewen » Sat 25 Jul, 2009 14:15

Ladies and Gentlemen, I propose...

!! HUGH JACKMAN !!

Mandatory criterias

- To be alive at the moment the post is written
Yes he is ! Even got a proof : :D

- To be involved in a way or another to at least three of these domains: video-games, movies, TV series, literature, comics, music, computer sciences and/or the Internet

HJ, more than just a Aussie hunky Image, is a complete artist.

He has starred in a various range of movies,
from local indie movie

to worldwide blockbusters

including romantic comedies

visionary filming experiences

and some other movies, some good, some very good, some very bad :D (examples below, in that precise order)

He has starred in musicals, and certainly knows how to sing and how to dance !
He began in the mid 90's by playing Gastin in The Beauty and the Beast
Sorry cannot put any video, as they are very low quality and the "youtube" tag prevents me to edit the screen size, as I used to before :angry:
Sunset Boulevard
Oklahoma!
Carousel (very low quality video too)

and more recently The Boy from Oz

where he so magnificiently portrayed the gay Australian songwriter and performer Peter Allen, that he won the Tony Award and the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical in 1994.

He has certainly played in TV series, even though obscure unknown series from Down Under ;) He made his debut in a 10-episodes TV series Corelli (where he met his 13 years older wife Deborra-Lee Furness, some women are lucky indeed :D ). He also played in Blue Heelers, The Man from Snowy river and a few others. As a producer, he made and played in Viva Laughlin, a US remake of the British series Blackpool that didn't last more than one episode, which is a good thing because US remake of British series are just a shame...

He even hosted various ceremonies, not only this year Academy Awards, but also the Tony Awards, three years in a row, and for his 1994 performance doing it he won an Emmy for Outstanding Individual Performer in a Variety, Musical or Comedy program in 2005.

- To be a G33K or a geek-icon
If Wolverine is not, who is ? Example, Comicon 2008

- To have a good sense of humour
Just need to say one thing : not only this guy has a solid sense of humour, but he is a CLOWN !! To be convinced, you just have to watch the videos posted here :)

Bonus criterias

To know how to make it looks good
He certainly does !
(you HAVE to watch this video, it's amazing ; shows begins at 0:55)

To have impersonating skills
He has impersonated several animation characters, including Roddy in Flushed Away, Memphis in Happy Feet, and soon in Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

And he can impersonate as well... Sandy in Grease :D
(entertainment begins at 3:14 on the last video)

Thus, for all these reasons, you cannot deny Hugh Jackman is a true, a genuine Image

Return to “The Lobby”